If you think a food drive sounds like a good idea, please follow these basic instructions:
- Choose a start and stop date for your food drive and make an outline of your event.
- Determine a food collection site that is highly visible and secure.
- Develop an incentive plan for participants.
- Contact Food Drive Coordinator, Todd Pridemore by email or at 573-474-1020 to schedule a date to receive barrels/boxes and a date to pick up the full collection barrels.
*Note: Due to high transportation costs, we ask that you have at least a full collection barrel
before scheduling a food pick up.
- Choose a theme for your food drive. Create a fun environment to boost participation.
- Send out personal emails to people you want to participate.
- Circulate news releases to local media outlets and post flyers around town.
- Post signs at your chosen drop site one week before the event as a reminder.
- Tally up the results of the food drive, and send the results to all participants.
- Think about awarding the top donors with a certificate or other incentives.
- Let the community know about the great amount of support you received through
company newsletters and press releases.