Kids Helping Kids Day — Saturday, Dec. 7th
just for Kids
Saturday, December 7th Available shifts: 9am-11am; 11am-1pm; 1pm-3pm
Please Bring (if possible) one 12 oz. jar of peanut butter per child.
Kids ages four to 10are invited to Kids Helping Kids Day, a fun-filled day of exploring The Food Bank and learning about volunteerism. You are welcome to help at any of the three sessions, but we ask that you call to reserve your spot.
Each session will include a tour of The Food Bank’s warehouse where you will get to see a giant refrigerator and freezer and tons and tons of food for families in need! After the tour, kids (and parents!) will spend time kickstarting The Food Bank’s 2013 Buddy Pack program by filling bags that will go to children in need all across central and northeast Missouri. At the end of each session, every youngster will get a surprise for themselves!
Most days, The Food Bank’s volunteer room is only available for children over 48 inches tall. That’s why Kids Helping Kids Day is the perfect opportunity to teach younger children how helping others can be fun AND rewarding!To sign up for a time, please contact Melanie Lake email@example.com or 573-474-1020. Please let her know which session you would like to attend, how many children you will be bringing and the ages of the children.
Kids Helping Kids Reminders
Thank you for volunteering at the Food Bank for Central & Northeast Missouri, and for taking the opportunity to teach your children how important and fun “giving back” can be.
Reminders that will help your child be prepared when making plans for Kids Helping Kids Day:
- This event is specially designed for children between the ages of 4 and 10. It may be best to make other arrangements for children outside of this age range.
- Parents must stay with their child/children at all times.
- We ask that there be one adult per four children.
- Please schedule your reservations with as much notice as possible. We wish we could include everyone, but space is limited.
- All volunteers must be able to work independently under instructions. Please do not bring toddlers, runners, or babies in strollers/baby backpacks/slings/baby carriers, etc. At no time will any volunteer be allowed to stand on a stepstool.
- Please make sure that all volunteers are wearing appropriate attire:
___ Closed-toed shoes – NO EXCEPTIONS!!
___ Jeans, pants or long shorts.
___ Comfortable shirts with at least a short sleeve (all shoulders must be covered)
___ No swimsuits
___ Long hair tied back in ponytail. Volunteer may provide own ball cap for head covering.
- No food or drinks allowed in the Volunteer Workroom.
- We will make every effort to schedule your reservation at a time best for you and your child. If there is a change in the number of volunteers, or you would like a change in your session time, please let us know so we can accommodate all scheduling requests.
- Please feel free to call the Food Bank to let us know of any changes in the schedule or volunteer numbers.
Melanie – ext. 332 (573) 474-1020
*Last-minute issues or concerns can be addressed after hours by calling (573) 474-1020. Melanie – ext. 332