Part of Score Against Hunger, Taste of the Tigers is a taste and experience event! Click below to learn more.
“We are hungry for a great football season, but too many Missourians are hungry for their next meal. That’s why my team and I are passionate about helping The Food Bank tackle hunger in central and northeast Missouri. Show me your commitment to sharing food and bringing hope – please make a gift today.” – Head Football Coach Barry Odom
- Pledge a dollar amount to The Food Bank for every point the Tigers score during the season
- Cheer on the Tigers as they score all season
- At the end of the season, convert points into a dollar amount; make checks payable to The Food Bank
Or, make an outright gift to the Missouri Tigers Score Against Hunger campaign
We are Missouri. We are a state that takes action. Whether it be on the field or in our communities, the University of Missouri and the Show Me State work together to get things done.
For more than two decades, Missourians have shown their commitment to sharing food and bringing hope to neighbors in need by supporting the Missouri Tigers Score Against Hunger campaign. Since its inception in 1995, Score Against Hunger has become The Food Bank’s largest annual fundraising effort, providing more than 110 million meals across a 32-county service area.
But the need is ongoing.
One in six adults and one in five children in Missouri face hunger on a regular basis. More than half of school children qualify for free or reduced-price lunch. More than 5,000 Veterans in our service area live at or below poverty. Senior citizens represent the fastest-growing population facing food insecurity. These are our neighbors, our children’s classmates, those who fought for our country and older Americans who worked for decades only to find themselves on a limited income with little left over to buy food.
By making a gift or pledge to the Score Against Hunger campaign, you are joining the Tigers to provide food to Missouri’s most vulnerable citizens. Because of our affiliation with Feeding America and ability to purchase bulk food at heavily discounted costs, we are able to purchase $525 worth
of groceries with every $25 gift.
We are the Show-Me State. Join the Missouri Tigers and together, let’s sack hunger!
- 1 in 6 adults and 1 in 5 children face hunger or food insecurity
- More than half of children in our service area qualify for free or reduced-price lunch at school
- Senior citizens are the fastest-growing population in need of food assistance
- More than 5,000 U.S. Veterans in our service area are living at or below poverty
- The Food Bank provides food to 106,000 individuals through 138 partner agencies at no charge
- Partner agencies are food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other non-profits including:
Salvation Army (multiple locations)
Great Circle (multiple locations)
Welcome Home (Columbia)
Samaritan Center (Jefferson City)
- The Food Bank serves 7,500 children weekly through the Buddy Pack program
- The Food Bank provides more than 2,600 Senior Boxes to low-income older adults every month
- The Food Bank serves Veterans in need at Welcome Home in Columbia and through the VIP Veteran Pack program
The 2016 Score Against Hunger campaign raised nearly $1.1 million. Because our affiliation with Feeding America allows us to secure large-scale bulk products at highly discounted costs, this will allow us to secure more than $22 million worth of groceries for those in need into the new year. THANK YOU.