The Food Bank for Central & Northeast Missouri is proud to be a part of the Score Against Hunger campaign, involving MU Head Football Coach Gary Pinkel, the Missouri Tigers and food banks in Missouri. This is the 20th year for this amazing program. During the previous 19 seasons, generous donors have raised over $7.2 million, providing more than 111.6 million meals for those in need.
The goal for the 2014 season is to raise $1,000,000 – or 12.5 million meals – to help feed hungry families. The funds are restricted to acquire and distribute food, free of charge, to 131 hunger relief agencies including soup kitchens, shelters for the homeless and abused, food pantries and 141 elementary schools through the Buddy Pack Program.
Please join Coach Pinkel by participating in the Score Against Hunger campaign this season.
There are two primary ways to Score Against Hunger:
1. Pledge a certain dollar amount for every point that the Tigers score this football season. When the season ends, make your contribution to The Food Bank.
2. Make a donation to the campaign now. Remember that every $10 donated to The Food Bank will provide 125 meals to hungry families. The following giving levels are recognized at the conclusion of the campaign in December.
- “All Americans” is a major donor club for businesses, individuals, and organizations who contribute a minimum of $20,000 (cash or in-kind).
- “Super Top Cats” is a major donor club for businesses, individuals, and organizations who contribute a minimum of $10,000 (cash or in-kind).
- “Top Cat” is for businesses, individuals and organizations who contribute a minimum of $3,000 (cash or in-kind).
- “First & Ten” is for donors with a $1,000 minimum (cash or in-kind).
*Your donation is tax-deductible. In addition, you may apply for Missouri Tax Credits (limited availability). For more information about the availability of tax credits, contact Mary McKee at The Food Bank (firstname.lastname@example.org; 800-764-3663).
To donate now, please click here.